SQL Server Setup cannot install files.
Applies to: Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
We found the following error while installing a SQL Server 2005 Cluster in a
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005
Time: 9:25:15 AM
Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -- Error 28062. SQL Server Setup cannot
install files to the compressed or encrypted folder: X:\. To continue, make sure
that your installation directories are not compressed or encrypted, or specify a
different directory, and then run SQL Server Setup again.
As stated in the SQL Server 2005 Books Online, SQL Server 2005 program files and
data files cannot be installed on a file system that uses compression.
You need to uncompressed the drives or folders where the SQL Server 2005 program
files and data files will be placed. Please follow the steps below:
1) From your Windows Explorer, navigate to the path where the SQL Server program
files and data files will be placed
2) Make a right click on the drive or folder and select Properties
3) If you are seeing the properties of a folder click the Advanced button
4) Click to clear the "Compress drive to save disk space" or "Compress contents
to save disk space" check box
5) Return to setup and continue installation.
File Locations for Default and Named Instances of SQL Server 2005
SQL Server 2005 Books Online (April 2006)